The Public Works Department works to develop and maintain the various infrastructure, amenities, and services of our community.
As a Public Works Department...
- We maintain our roads and bridges
- We develop and sustain our park system
- We inspect buildings for safety and conformity to building codes
- We control at-large and dangerous animals
- We offer places to gather for community events and meetings
- We maintain the City’s many inlets, pipes and ditches that carry away stormwater
- We work to promote safe and well-kept properties to ensure safety and property values
- We oversee the long term planning of our community
- We oversee the flood plain administration of the Sikeston area
- We oversee the Sikeston Municipal Airport
- We maintain the many vehicles and pieces of equipment used by the City of Sikeston
- We maintain the many facilities of the City of Sikeston
We are here to serve the community, and promote a prosperous and safe Sikeston.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions…please call or schedule a visit.
Director of Public Works
Phone: (573) 471-2512
City Hall Public Works Complex Clinton Building
105 E. Center St. 316 North West Street 501 Campanella
Sikeston, MO 63801 Sikeston, MO 63801 Sikeston, MO 63801
(573) 471-2512 (573) 475-3731 (573) 475-3725
Street Division – Brian Dial, Street Superintendent
Performs storm water maintenance, street maintenance including patching, cleaning and snow removal; performs routine maintenance and repairs on municipally owned buildings; and manages the City’s Compost Site and leaf collection program. (573) 475-3731, (573) 471-2512
Vehicle Maintenance Division – Jimmy Groves, Supervisor
Performs routine maintenance and repairs on the City’s fleet of gasoline and diesel powered cars, trucks and heavy equipment. Also maintains and repairs City owned power tools and mowers. (573) 475-3734
Parks Division – Dustin Care, Parks and Recreation Director
Maintains and repairs park facilities including playground equipment, baseball and soccer fields, tennis and basketball courts, picnic shelters, concession stands and public restroom facilities; operates the Clinton Building; and assists the Streets Division with snow removal. (573) 475-3725
Code Enforcement Division – Lorenzo Ware, Manager
Responsible for the visual inspection of new and existing structures to ensure compliance with City and State building codes; monitors zoning and flood plain compliance; responsible for the enforcement of municipal codes for junk and trash, tall grass, and unsafe or unsanitary living conditions. (573) 471-2512
Animal Control Division - P.A.W.S - Jamie Williams, Shelter Manager
Responsible for the capture and impoundment of stray and/or unlicensed animals, birds or reptiles found to be in violation of City ordinances; investigates complaints of animal abuse or neglect; works with State and regional authorities to control rabies. (573) 471-PETS (7387)