The following actions took place during yesterday’s Council meeting:
Approved Bill #6217, the re-adoption of the Fair Housing Policy. This ordinance is adopted every year to keep the City of Sikeston in compliance for Community Development Block Grant funding we may receive. It also ensures that we have a policy in place for any housing discrimination that may occur and the proper procedures to take if a complaint is filed.
Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6218, adopting the 2012 International Zoning Code. Benefits to adoption of the 2012 IZC include:
- off-street parking, fence heights, accessory buildings, landscaping, and passageways
- Home Occupations and Adult Uses
- General Signs, Prohibited Signs, Grand Openings, and permits
Non-Conforming Structures and Uses
- Continuance, Discontinuance, Enlargements and Modifications
- permitting, public hearings, review criteria, expiration and revocation
Planned Unit Development
- approval, intent, conditions and planning commission
Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6219, amending Planning & Zoning Commission to include the Director of Community Development as a member of the Commission.
Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6220, amending Zoning regulations in the municipal code book.
Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6221, to designate Scott County Circuit Court as Municipal Court for the City of Sikeston. This fiscal year, the City subsidized Municipal Court $42,000. Due to increased demands and requirements of the Office of the State Courts Administrator, that amount is anticipated being in excess of $113,000 in FY22.
With no further action taken, the meeting was adjourned. A special Council meeting is scheduled for Friday, April 16th at 12:30 p.m. at City Hall. Also, the Council Reorganizational meeting will take place Monday, April 19th at 5:00 p.m. at City Hall.