During this morning’s Council meeting, the following actions were taken:
- Bill #6182, Allowing the Use of Fireworks in the City of Sikeston, was not approved due to a tie vote.
- Appointed Matt Deane to the Scott County Extension Council.
- Approved Resolution 20-02-01, to surplus the K-9 vehicle (2013 Chevrolet Tahoe) and containment unit due to damages as a result of an accident in October 2019.
- Tabled approval of the amended agreement with the Sikeston Public Housing Authority for supplemental police services. The original agreement included salary, FICA, and employee benefits such as health & life insurance, workers compensation insurance, retirement, and annual uniform allowance. This agreement would include salary only. The City received compensation in the amount of $74,669.33 in FY2019. The new arrangement will change to $19,580 per year for 20 hours of service per week.
- Conducted 1st reading of Bill #6183, to abandon John and Inez Avenue in the City of Sikeston. These streets are located adjacent to Tetra-Pak but were never developed. The owner wishes to rezone and replat for future use (Bill #6184 & 6185).
- Conducted 1st reading of Bill #6184, authorization to rezone all of Lots 1-15 in Block 2 and all of Block 1 in Felker-Sharp Addition from “R-1” Single Family Residential to “C-3” Highway Commercial.
- Conducted 1st reading of Bill #6185, authorization to replat all of Lots 1-15 in Block 2 and all of Block 1 in Felker-Sharp Addition.
- Approved the renewal of the VFW Park Revitalization Group’s contract with the City in the amount of $2,500 for the oversight and maintenance of the VFW Baseball Facility.
There being no other items, the meeting was adjourned. The next Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, March 2nd at 5:00 p.m.