The mission of the LCRA Advisory Committee is to identify areas of our community within which there exist blighted, unsanitary or deteriorated conditions which constitute a growing threat to the public health, safety, morals and welfare of the City of Sikeston; and to work diligently with the resources provided by the federal, state and local governments, as well as such resources which the LCRA may access in the private sector, for the elimination and eradication of such conditions through the rehabilitation and redevelopment of such areas.
Jay Lancaster, Public Works Director
Lorenzo Ware, Community Development Director
Mayor Steven Burch
3rd Monday of every month at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall, 105 E. Center Street.
- Identification of geographic areas meeting the legal definition of "blighted" and "insanitary".
- Development of plans for urban renewal
- Acquisition of properties within development district
- Demolition of derelict buildings and subsequent construction of homes
- Marketing and sale of homes within the development district