During this morning’s Council meeting, the following actions were taken:
1. Authorized City employees to have a full day off for Christmas Eve this year.
2. Awarded bid to lay concrete blocks for the BMX storage building expansion in the Recreation Complex to Quertermous Masonry in the amount of $12,592.
3. Awarded 2019 Domestic Violence Surcharge Shelter Funding to House of Refuge in the amount not to exceed $8,000. These funds are from the $4.00 surcharge placed on all municipal court convictions.
4. Appointed John Leible to SEMO University – Sikeston Advisory Council. This was the last position to fill on the advisory council.
5. Appointed Agnes Mason to LCRA Board of Commissioners. Ms. Mason will be filling the unexpired term on Mike Jenson who resigned from this board.
6. Authorized Department of Public Works to purchase four (4) work trucks at $26,090 each for Parks, Airport, Garage and Code Enforcement.
7. Awarded Rail to Trail Construction Bid #19-23 (Phase 1) to Hessling Construction from Dexter, MO in the amount of $360,570.96. This phase of the rail to trail will start on Malone Avenue at the west end of the Depot in Downtown Sikeston and end at Main Street.
8. Authorized the renewal of the City’s employee health insurance with HealthSCOPE. For the fourth year in a row, employees will not have an increase in premium.
9. Authorized the request from Tetra Pak to buy a portion of the railroad right-of-way adjacent to their facility to include specifics for the usage of this property.
10. Approved Resolution 18-10-01, supporting the future Interstate 57 project at the intersection of South Ingram Road and endorsing the necessary closure of at grade crossings in favor of outer roads that will lead to the interchange.
11. Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6125, authorizing the name change of George E. Day Parkway from Colonel to General.
12. Conducted 1st Reading of Bill #6126 for the extension of the City’s cell tower lease with American Tower Corporation.
There being no other items, the meeting was adjourned. The next Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 5 at 5:00 PM.