During the July 20, 2017 City Council meeting, the following action was taken:
- Approved authorization to execute the Contract for Provision of Residential Solid Waste Services with Sonny’s Solid Waste.
- Approved authorization for staff to seek bids for the financing of a new industrial park. Bids are schedule to go out July 26th and will ask Council to award the bids on August 7th.
- Approved the reallocation of funds from Governmental Services to Administrative Services due to transfer of personnel.
- Awarded Bid 17-33, SAN Dell EMC Storage Array & Backup Device, to Broadtek of Cape Girardeau in the amount of $49,956.72. Our current storage unit is at 99% capacity and this replacement has 3x the amount of capacity that we currently have, giving us enough space to grow our Data/Video and server libraries.
- Awarded Bid 18-01, Backstop Replacement at Recreational Complex, to Bootheel Fence for $53,950. The backstops being replaced are at Field #4 and Field #7.
- Councilman Karen Evans was appointed as Council Representative to the Friends of the Animal Shelter Advisory Board.
- James Whitley of Sikeston’s DPS presented a demonstration of their newly purchased Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus. A total of 43 air packs were purchased with funding from the FEMA Assistance to Firefighter Grant.