During Council’s April regular meeting the following actions were taken:
- Purchase of DPS Body-Worn Cameras: The 5-year contract was awarded to Motorola Solutions. Seventeen units will be purchased for a cost of $17,387.
- Purchase of DPS Tactical Vests: Fourteen vests with gear bags will be purchased from First Spear. Funding for this $16,433 purchase was obtained through community donations.
- Approval of Re-Zoning Request: Council authorized the rezoning of 7.27 acres located south of Brunt Boulevard and north of Highway 60 from Agricultural Open to Single-Family Residential.
- Approval of Subdivision: Council approved the creation of South Ridges Estates Subdivision, 21st Addition.
- Authorization to Purchase Real Estate: Council approved the BMU’s purchase of real estate from the Hutcheson-Mainord families for future sewer treatment plant improvements.
- Authorization to Purchase Real Estate: Council completed the first reading on a bill that will authorize the City to proceed with purchasing 265 acres from Boyer Leasing for the development of an additional industrial complex. Final action on this measure will be taken during Council’s April 17 Special Meeting.
- Other items:
Council authorized the Mayor to execute a letter attesting to status of infrastructure at the Sikeston Business, Education & Technology Park. This is the first of several steps being undertaken by the BMU to obtain funding for sewer/water treatment improvements.
There being no further business, an executive session to discuss property matters was convened.
The meeting was then adjourned.