During City Council’s March 16, 2017 meeting the following actions were taken:
- Solid Waste & Recycling Services RFP: The RFP submission deadline was changed to 3 PM, Friday, April 14. Council will award this contract on May 22.
- Airport Farm Lease: A 3-year cash farm lease was awarded to Blake Wade d/b/a T.B. Wade Farms. The annual rent payment will be $4,144.40.
- Fire Station 3 Roof Repairs: Riverside Roofing Company, LLC was awarded the contract to install a new roof for a cost of $30,822. Work will begin in 2 weeks.
- Purchase of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): Sentinel Emergency Solutions was awarded the bid for $355,788.86. The City will replace 71 firefighter masks and 43 air bottles with accessories. Of this amount all but $16,943 will be paid by a FEMA Assistance to Firefighter Grant.
- Appointment to DED Executive Board: Councilman Gerald Settles will fill the vacancy created by the passing of Bob Depro.
- Re-adoption of Fair Housing Policy: The first reading of Bill 6050 was completed. Council will act on this measure during their March 27 meeting.
- Other Business: Council Reorganization - Following the April election Council must reorganize. This will occur during their 8 AM meeting on April 17.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned. Council’s next meeting will convene at 11:30 AM, March 27.